Friday, July 31, 2009

A Sketchy Debut


Oh My! The brainwaves seem to be darting all over the place within my mind, sometimes running one another over as they race toward the 'starting line' for the GRAND DEBUT of my blog; GOT PMS? Grab Papers, Markers, and Sketches and No One Gets Hurt!

In an effort to 'ease the tension' (headaches included), I've decided it is time to get things moving. I'm sure mistakes will be made but hopefully, given enough time and experience, better ideas will begin to formulate and take place . And so, this blog will be a 'work in progress'. This reminds me of a little chorus from Sunday School... one my girls used to sing and I enjoyed hearing. There are a couple of verses but the chorus goes like this:
'He's still workin' on me
To make me what I ought to be,
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and earth and Jupitar and Mars,
How loving and patient He must be,
He's still workin' on me!'
It is such a fun song reminding me of this important truth: Each day God is working on the canvas of my life, directing me toward His will and His purpose for my life. And as I often 'muddle the colors of paint' into one big mess, He remains patient, kind, and loving toward me. He is an awesome God!

OK....so what's in store for the Grand Debut?

A SKETCH CHALLENGE~~ courtesy of my fabulous friend, Micki Harper

see more of Micki's work by visiting her blog 'Artful Xpressions Captured in Paint, Paper, and Photos' at http://artfulxpressions.net

And a PRIZE for one lucky and randomly selected participant in the challenge!

If I am doing this correctly, you should see the sketch at the beginning of this post (clicking on the picture should enlarge the image). I will be back later with samples from Micki and myself using this fun and creative sketch.

For those participating: da D-Tails:
  • You may use any stamp or digi image of your choice
  • You may use any product and/or embellishments of your choice
  • You may use any color combination of your choice
Go ahead....enter as often as you would like.....by posting to the comment section of this post.... a picture of your card OR post a link that will take us DIRECTLY to your card (this is done in an effort to help prevent spam... well, as much as I am able to do so....and... having learned from the experiences of other artisitic bloggers, I reserve the right to delete any and all links that do not link directly to a picture of your card, if you have any questions please email me using: barbgwv@gmail.com).

For prize consideration, your valid contribution for this challenge must be posted not later than noon (eastern time zone...think New York time) Saturday, September 19, 2009.
Ohhhhhh, but what is the Prize, you ask....Well....you'll have to wait on that little tidbit of information....Why, you ask....Well, because I forgot -- to take a picture ..... and since I don't have one of those fancy-shamancy 'lighting hoods', I rely on natural daylight for my picture taking and since it is now dark outside, I have NO light....But, I will get it done tomorrow and post the picture with the sketch samples....see, I told you this was all a 'work in progress'...Thanks for being patient!

And soooooooooo....You have the sketch and you have the D-Tails (well, most of them anyway)....the rest is up to YOU!

Until then,
Make time to create but remember to have fun and enjoy the experience!
Barb g (WV)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb,

Your blog is awesome! I love all that you have accomplished. Mine took me much longer to get set up!

Love it!!!!

Grace aka Scrappin' Kat Woman

Karen said...

you go woman!! love the new blog! Micki's sketch is fabulous too!! gonna have to try and play tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is terrific, Barb, and I look forward to getting to come here again and again! Micki's sketch is terrific -- I've printed it to play with. :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice Blo9g & terrific to have teamed up with Micki.. She's a rocking Woman!!
Kimmiek

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely sketch, Barb and Micki. Here is my take on it: http://stampingsunshine.blogspot.com/2009/08/pms-sketch-challenge.html

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great new Challenge! Great job Micki! Here's my entry And I love surprise Prizes!!

jesskittelson said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name you came up with! Anyways I'm excited to participate in your challenge! Check out my card here: http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/08/got-pms-papers-markers-sketches-entry.html I have a blog candy giveaway also that has a cause if your interested in helping me out the details are here: http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/08/comfort-military-spouse-and-win-some.html

jesskittelson said...

http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/08/justrite-stamper-pms-comfort-military.html Ok Barb by clicking on that link you will see my second sketch challenge that I used to make my first sympathy card for my comfort a military spouse challenge! I think this one turned out nice!

jesskittelson said...

Yay I got your cards and the stamped images in the mail yesterday! I was so excited I had to make a card right away! So I figured I'd submit it as well! Thank you Thank you! Oh yeah almost forgot! This is the first card I've ever made coloring the image in! http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/09/pc-got-pms.html

jesskittelson said...

http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/09/pc-got-pms.html
I got your cards and stamped images in the mail yesterday! I was so excited I had to make a card right away! I figured I would submit it too! This is the first time I've ever made a card coloring the image in! Thank you Thank you!

Penny said...

Awesome sketch. My first entry (I'm totally planning on more today! lol) is here: http://scrappinpenny.blogspot.com/2009/09/sketch-card.html

ps. LOVE the blog name and I'm your newest follower:)

Penny said...

I absolutely was not kidding... lol. I'm loving your sketch!!!

here is my second card: http://scrappinpenny.blogspot.com/2009/09/dont-say-i-didnt-warn-you.html

Penny said...

Here is my second sketch card:
second card

Penny said...

Woo hoo! Here it is, my THIRD card. I cannot wait to see your next sketch, I love working with sketches and this first one was a good one!

anyway, here is my third card.

Penny said...

Here's another one. I used it this time to make a thank you card for Rent a Center... lol, if you can believe it!

Penny said...

Did you get this one? It would be my fourth. http://scrappinpenny.blogspot.com/2009/09/at-my-husbands-request.html

Unknown said...

Barb,

Here's my card for your first sketch challenge.

Michelle said...

Here's my card for your PMSSC01:
http://mhoffman-atimetostamp.blogspot.com/2009/09/pms-sketch-challenge.html I'm looking forward to your next one!

jesskittelson said...

Ok here I'm squeeking in a fourth card before the deadline! Whew lol! http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/09/scarecrow.html